Location South East England
Salary £28,000 - £35,000
We have an exciting new opening for an experienced Scientist in Particle and Powder Characterisation at a top-tier Pharmaceutical company based in Kent. The ideal candidate will have experience with traditional physical property analytical techniques and modern equipment, and will be working on pharmaceutical product development.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform hands-on analysis of particle and powder attributes of APIs and formulations to support formulation design (particle size distribution, surface area, surface energy, particle shape)
- Perform routine and non-routine analysis using a variety of traditional and modern analytical techniques
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of techniques including optical microscopy, laser diffraction particle size analysis, electron microscopy, Atomic Force Microscopy
- Calculate and predict properties that influence API processing using computational modelling
- Interpret all data for clear conclusions and developing the quality of drug products
- Assist in all high-quality documentation processes
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Pharmacy and minimum 3-5 years’ relevant industry experience; or recent relevant PhD
- Industrial/hands-on experience in particle size analysis and powder characterisation in a development laboratory
- Excellent background in physical property analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment, including data analysis methods and approaches
- Good knowledge of API design and formulation development
- Practical experience in or knowledge of a GLP/GMP environment
- Strong knowledge of solid-state chemistry would be an advantage (XRD, vibrational spectroscopy, thermal analysis)
- Experience of method development and validation would be an advantage
This is a multi-award winning programme that offers excellent career opportunities and development. You will receive a highly competitive salary with excellent company benefits and strong career progression paths.
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to contact Harriet at CY Partners.