Senior / Lead Production Scientist
Salary £32,000 - £45,000
CY Partners are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior or Lead Production Scientist to join a global biopharmaceutical CDMO based in Teesside. The role will involve working with microbial and mammalian cell cultures and require you to have a strong knowledge of upstream and downstream manufacturing processes.
You will manage your own projects and a small team and be able to provide critical decision-making.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Joining a brand new team of novel Scientists, support and lead all Manufacturing and Technology Transfer of projects into the manufacturing facilities
- Carry out and lead key activities in Upstream, Downstream and Analysis (aseptic techniques, bioreactor operation, chromatography, environmental monitoring etc.)
- Lead manufacturing operations, set and execute production plans and schedules
- Conduct plant and process troubleshooting during manufacturing
- Ensure facility is GMP compliant and in line with agreed procedures and timelines
- Undertake an EHS Advocate role to identify EHS risks and ensure activities are compliant
- Identify and report potential safety risks & violations, deviations; suggest potential solutions and courses of action
- Manage, coach and supervise junior members of the Manufacturing team
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc / MSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related discipline
- Experience of upstream & downstream processes (cell culturing, protein purification)
- Experience of working with microbial and mammalian cell cultures (aseptic techniques)
- Proven experience in a GMP manufacturing environment (preferably large-scale); authoring and reviewing GMP documentation
- Proven ability to manage and lead a small team
- Strong understanding of process and technology transfer
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment, flexible to the needs of the manufacturing schedule (shift working patterns)
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, apply now or contact Harriet at CY Partners (07851 246 846 / [email protected]).