Biotechnology Life Sciences
Salary Competitive + Bonus/Benefits
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an experienced Microbiologist to join a growing Food Testing Laboratory based in York.
As a Senior Micro Analyst within world leading supplier of proficiency testing services, you will provide the lead for all microbiology proficiency tests for food and water. The role will require you to ensure that Microbiology PTs (Proficiency Tests) are delivered to the highest standards to maintain the company’s reputation as a scientific leader in the industry, whilst keeping a commercial focus.
What you will do:
• Act as Scheme Lead for the Food Microbiology Scheme and take a lead in Microbiology PTs in the Water and Environmental Scheme.
• Be responsible for commissioning the preparation and homogeneity testing of all micro PT materials.
• Establish and maintain fit-for-purpose statistical analysis of PT data to provide performance assessments to laboratories
• Work closely with PTG’s Test Material Co-ordinator and the subcontractor preparing test materials to ensure high quality materials are produced within budget and timescales.
• Communicate with customers to meet their requirements and also to grow the business by securing new participation in PTs.
• Project manage associated research and development of micro PT materials, including close liaison with our collaborators.
• Lead new product development to increase income potential for microbiology PTs and to meet customer demand.
• Maintain accreditation of microbiology PT schemes to ISO 17043
Your experience will include:
• Direct experience of microbiology testing in food and/or water or experience of running microbiology PTs
• A minimum BSc degree in Microbiology or a related subject. Equivalent experience will also be acceptable
• Effective organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets.
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work with attention to detail.
• Experience of operating within a formal quality system (e.g. ISO accreditation).
• Experience of liaising with customers.
• Practical IT experience, in particular Microsoft Packages such as Word and Excel but also the use of databases for handling complex data.
If you are interested in this position, please submit an up to date CV and fur further information feel free to contact Graham at CY Partners.