Senior Fermentation Technologist
Biotechnology Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary £29,000 - £37,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Fermentation Technologist to join a global CDMO based in Teesside. Due to the company going through a period of exponential growth and rapid extension of their manufacturing abilities, they are looking for a team of Fermentation Technologists of different experience levels to keep up with the demands of their clients. This is a very exciting time to join a brand new team with great opportunities for development and progression.
As the Senior Fermentation Technologist, you will be one of the first members of the team and you will support the technology transfer of projects into their new manufacturing facilities.
• You will be trained in all key activities (e.g. Aseptic technique, Bioreactor operation, Chromatography, Environmental Monitoring etc.) and demonstrate a high level of competence in one or more areas.
• Take the lead during manufacturing operations, determining the best way to achieve the overall production schedule.
• Execute technology transfer and manufacturing activities to achieve manufacture schedule targets.
• Ensure facility readiness to manufacture in accordance with relevant checklists and procedures.
• Execute production plans with limited supervision.
• Maintain a record of executed tasks and activities in quality documentation.
• Identify and report all safety risks and deviations.
• Degree in biology, biochemistry, microbiology or relevant discipline
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a GMP manufacturing environment
• Microbial Fermentation experience – preferably on a large scale
• Understanding of Biopharmaceutical Upstream or Downstream Processing
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity then apply now! Any questions can be directed to Kristi at CY Partners on 079 369 38 911.