Senior Scale Up Chemist
Salary Very Competitive
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a Senior Process Chemist on behalf of a growing North East based Chemical Manufacturer.
The main purpose of this role is to lead and perform development programmes and experimental work on laboratory, pilot and commercial scale targeting the successful transfer of chemical processes from laboratory to commercial scale manufacture safely, efficiently and profitably.
Other duties include:
- As project manager, the Senior Process Chemist will lead project delivery, communicate clearly (written and verbal) internally and with customers to ensure project success.
- Design, plan and perform experiments on a laboratory scale to understand the chemistry of the manufacturing processes provided by customers
- Coordinate, analyse, collate and interpret data using a range of in-house and external analytical services to evaluate process efficiency
- Consult and review with analytical and material testing experts so that the most suitable analytical procedures are followed
- Review, summarise and communicate in written and verbal presentations the results of laboratory work
- Write, implement and record laboratory experimental procedures to promote safe working practices in the laboratory to meet company safety requirements and external legislation (e.g. COSHH).
- Line management responsibility for Process Chemists. Supervision of work experience students, including COSHH and laboratory safety.
- Ensure high levels of house-keeping in the Labs and maintain 5S standards in place.
- Educated to Degree level or higher in Chemistry
- A thorough understanding of organic chemistry and associated analytical techniques
- Prior experience of Process scale up activities in a similar role
- Knowledge of the equipment, experiments and procedures used to assess the safety of processes
- Understanding of PRINCE2 Project Management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you would like further information on this role, please feel free to contact Graham at CY Partners