Clinical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary Up to £34,000
CY Partners have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join a world leading research-based pharmaceutical organisation based in Hertfordshire.
This role is based within the High Throughput Characterisation (HTC) group which is part of the the Biopharm Discovery department, who are dedicated to the discovery of novel and effective biopharmaceutical medicines.
As Senior Scientist you will support programmes throughout the antibody discovery process through characterising protein-protein interactions using state-of-the-art SPR technologies and other label-free binding technologies, as well as assessing properties of antibodies using a range of techniques including SEC and DSF.
You will also work with multidisciplinary teams to identify the therapeutic antibodies of the future. The ideal candidate should have experience of high throughput techniques for assessing binding and biophysical properties of proteins, as well as independently designing and setting up experiments and problem solving. Experience in analysing and interpreting large sets of data would be beneficial.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Planning and carrying out experiments to generate key decision-making data for therapeutic antibody discovery campaigns using SPR, BLI, DSF and HPLC-based methods
• Analysis and interpretation of the data generated
• Representing and interpreting your data for drug discovery matrix teams
• Contribution to programme team discussions to support programme progression
• Accurately recording experiments and writing scientific reports
The following experience would be highly beneficial:
• PhD or equivalent in protein analytics, biochemistry, biophysics or a related discipline
• Knowledge and understanding of one or more biophysical techniques for characterisation of proteins such as SPR, BLI, SEC-HPLC, HIC- HPLC, DSF
• Experience of analysis and interpretation of large and complex data sets
• Experience of analysis of protein-protein interactions by SPR
• Experience of characterisation of antibodies
Contact Helen Tomlinson at CY Partners to apply and have a confidential chat about the role. Applications can also be made by emailing Helen at: [email protected]