Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
CY partners have an exciting and unique opportunity for a senior scientist, specialising in immunology, to work with a world leading global pharmaceutical company, based in Stevenage.
As a senior scientist, you will be working as part of a team, within the Antibody Pharmacology Section within BioPharm discovery. You will have the opportunity to work alongside individuals from a range of backgrounds including protein biochemists, in vivo and in vitro assay scientists, and molecular biologists. The role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with functional experts at all stages of the drug development process.
As a senior scientist, you will be involved in a range of projects including:
• Designing and execute experiments to characterise lead antibodies e.g. binding to cell lines and primary cells using flow cytometry, plate and cell-based neutralisation assays, effector function assays (ADCC/CDC), cell signalling assays.
• Mammalian cell culture and handling.
• Data generation, handling and reporting.
Additional skills which would be desirable for this role include the following:
• Background in Immunology, Cell Biology, or a related life sciences discipline,
• Practical experience in the use of immunological laboratory techniques such as ELISA, FLOW CYTOMETRY and blood cell isolation,
• Experience in culturing human cell lines would be an advantage,
• A willingness to learn, having a positive, enthusiastic attitude to working on your own initiative and as part of a team.
The company is a global leader and the site has good transport links which is easily accessible via road networks. This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Scientist to gain experience in a regulated laboratory environment and is a great steppingstone for developing your career. This role is offered on a 12-month contract basis.
If you’re interested, please get in touch with Helen McManus-Reilly at CY Partners (0191 477 4733). You can submit your CV to: [email protected]