Senior Scientist - Immunology
Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
CY partners have an exciting and unique opportunity for a senior scientist, specialising in immunology, to work with a world leading global pharmaceutical company, based in Stevenage.
As a senior scientist, you will be working alongside scientists and academic immunologists in a collaborative program. Within this role you will be working alongside postdoctoral fellows, to help address basic immunology questions under the supervision of academic experts and immunology leaders. As a senior scientist specialising in immunology, you will be involved in a range of projects including inflammasome activation in macrophages, programmed cell death pathways and the regulation of immune responses through ubiquitin ligase pathways. This role is offered on a 12-month contract basis.
Additional skills which would be desirable for this role include the following:
• Ph.D. in Immunology or a minimum of 4 years relevant and equivalent lab-based experience on an Immunology research project.
• Proficient in the culture of both immortalised and primary cells.
• Practical experience in the use of immunological laboratory techniques such as ELISA, FLOW and blood cell isolation
• Experience in Molecular Biology techniques and qPCR would be beneficial
• A willingness to learn, having a positive, enthusiastic attitude to working on your own initiative and as part of a team.
The company is a global leader and the site has good transport links which is easily accessible via road networks. This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Scientist to gain experience in a regulated laboratory environment and is a great stepping stone for developing your career.
If you’re interested, please get in touch with Helen McManus-Reilly at CY Partners (0191 477 4733). You can submit your CV to: [email protected]