Senior Solid State Scientist
Salary Very competitive
We are currently looking for a Senior Solid State Scientist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Newcastle area.
This will be based at their state of the art research laboratories in the North East of England, commutable from the A1 or A19. .
Competitive salary and benefits.
Senior Solid State Scientist role:
As a Senior Solid State Scientist you will work in a state of the art laboratory facility, in a technical role, communicating with chemists & analysts, customers and commercial staff to ensure projects are delivered on time.
Key duties will include:
• Project planning
• Managing and running polymorphism and salt screening projects
• Solid-state research and development
• Crystallisation development
• API characterisation
• Solid form selection
• Technical troubleshooting
• Customer liaison and reporting of project results
• Analytical technical support (GMP, non-GMP)
• Implementation of new procedures and conduct of any necessary technical validations
• Training of laboratory staff as required
Experience / Skills required:
• Strong background in the solid state chemistry
• Demonstrable experience in a academic and/or industrial laboratory environment.
• A minimum of a MSc in Chemistry, Materials Science or related subject. A PhD is highly desirable.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a key member of a successful, expanding organisation. If this position is of interest, apply now or contact Dan Younger at CY Partners to discuss in more detail.