SME in Sustainability (Fuels/Chemicals)
Location Europe, Home Counties, Oxon/Wilts, South West England, USA
Salary £45,000 - £65,000
We have an exciting new opening for a Sustainability Advisor (SME) at a leading chemicals company in Oxfordshire. This is a global role within the Marketing and Technology team, and will be responsible for developing LCA models for sustainability issues.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work within a global role across various Company functions and sites (20% of travel involved)
- Develop, maintain and improve LCA models for components and finished products; ownership of modelling inputs
- Coordinate all global inputs from manufacturing, supply chain and procurement functions
- Provide in-house Environmental Sustainability expertise
- Manage and take ownership of CO2 footprint data
- Identify and consistently enhance areas for environmental sustainability improvements
- Drive local changes to support environmental, social and economic sustainability
- Collate sustainability metrics from all Company sites
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry; or a related scientific discipline
- Proven experience within the Chemicals or fuels industry; knowledge of additives, lubricants, polymers or surfactants would be highly advantageous
- Understanding of Energy/Fuel Sustainability key principles
- Proven commercial acumen within the chemicals sector
- Previous experience of implementing sustainability within business
- Strong focus on safety and quality values
- Experience of leading small teams would be an advantage
- Minimum amount of travel would be required
You will be working for a well-established organisation that is recognised for their leading-edge research and reliability in delivering products. You will receive a highly competitive salary with excellent company benefits.
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to contact Harriet at CY Partners.