Solid State Chemist - Pharma
Location Newcastle Upon Tyne
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit two Solid State Scientists on behalf of a growing Newcastle based Pharmaceutical CDMO. The purpose of these roles will be to perform comprehensive physical form screening using a wide range of methodologies and to apply solid state techniques in order to understand materials behaviour for selection and progression as developable materials.
- To perform salt and polymorphism screening investigations and crystallisation development and report findings
- To characterise samples/materials by solid state techniques (XRPD, DSC,TGA, DVS, Microscopy, NMR, FTIR, PSD, IC, GC and HPLC) and report findings
- As required, perform cGMP review and analytical approval of materials
- To perform calibration and maintenance of analytical equipment to meet cGMP and operational requirements
- As required, develop, evaluate and prepare analytical methods, monographs, protocols and SOPs
- To support method validation programs
- To support cGMP stability programs
- To characterise reference materials for use in cGMP analysis.
- Minimum of a BSc/MChem in Chemistry, Material science, or related discipline
- Demonstrable practical experience in salt and polymorphism screening investigations and crystallisation development and selection of API candidates
- Strong practical experience of solid state characterisation
- Knowledge of cGMP/GLP
If this is a role that would be of interest to you then please feel free to contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners for further information.