Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Location Alnwick, Northumberland
Salary Competitive depending on experience
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a number of Synthetic Chemists to join a growing Pharmaceutical CRO/CDMO based in Alnwick, Northumberland on a permanent basis.
This role will mainly involve:
- Developing competencies in either radiosynthesis or API synthesis and designing synthetic routes.
- Applying isotope chemistry knowledge (in Radiochemistry team) to the development of products that meet expected target product profile, taking into account scalability, safety and cost of goods for the proposed route.
- Ensuring work carried out complies with cGMP requirements
- Manufacture of non-pharmaceutical materials, impurities and degradation products at the milligram to low gram scale through to the tens of grams / tens of kilogram scale (for larger scale projects).
- Performing in-process analytical testing where relevant
- Prepare data packages on such chemical entities so that the identity of same should be considered conclusively proven.
- Contribute to laboratory operations, equipment acquisition and maintenance, contracts, housekeeping, stock control, disposals.
- Participate in process risk assessments for process to be scaled up on site.
- Produce and review GMP compliant Batch Synthesis Instructions and other process documentation.
- Hold a PhD in an Organic focussed Synthetic Chemistry discipline or hold an MChem with a number of years of relevant industry experience in development.
- Knowledge and experience of synthetic chemistry covering route selection.
- Understanding of process analytical chemistry, impurity control and/or sufficient analytical skills to conduct in-process testing
- A good understanding of the factors controlling API physical form.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners for more information.