Synthetic Development Chemist - Pharmaceuticals
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary Very Competitive
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a Synthetic Development Chemist on behalf of a Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturing company in the North of England.
With an increase of production on the site and growth in the business the process team are looking to recruit support chemists to join on a full-time permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to ensure smooth operation of NPI processes, reduce activities of non-value to streamline the overall production.
- Providing technical support to the team in the manufacturing plant
- Identification and ownership of improvement to the processes and waste minimisation
- Maintaining knowledge of the processes in routine production
- Starting investigations into issues that arise, identifying and resolving the problem
- Carrying out HSE and cGMP audits of all areas
- Ensuring compliance with COMAH where relevant.
- Implementing and maintaining KPIs
- A PhD in Organic/Synthetic/Medicinal Chemistry and ideally some prior experience from an industrial or Post-doctoral position.
- Detailed understanding of organic synthesis and, preferably, process chemistry
- Some experience, or a genuine interest, in the development and scale-up of chemical processes to large scale lab and pilot processes
- Expertise in the use of practical synthetic chemistry techniques
- Excellent task management and communication skills, and proficiency in the use of appropriate information technology
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to solve demanding problems
If you would like to find out more, please feel free to contact Graham at CY Partners