Synthetic Organic Chemists
Location Sandwich, Kent / Derbyshire
Salary £22,000 - £35,000
CY Partners are actively recruiting for a number of Synthetic Organic Chemists to join an industry leading Contract Research Organisation. Our Client is continuing to expand their Chemistry teams throughout 2021 and therefore have positions available at all levels, from Chemistry graduates with a years’ industry experience up to Senior level Chemists.
You will be joining established project teams working in R&D and process chemistry. The ideal candidate must have experience working in GMP process development, scale-up and technology transfer.
We have various positions available at the Client’s Derbyshire or Kent sites and we welcome applications to both locations.
- Perform all organic chemistry tasks across all stages of R&D and Process Chemistry to a high-quality standard within given time frames (including but not limited to medicinal chemistry, route scouting, custom preparation, scale-up (kg), production, process R&D, pilot plant)
- Responsible for the synthesis of novel drug-like molecules and to deliver innovative solutions to customers
- Communicate between project managers, chemists and other departments to ensure projects and timelines are met
- Carry out all key process development work
- Ensure all correct procedures are followed, work is to an appropriate standard, and make suggestions to help ensure they are maintained and developed
- Review necessary documentation for efficient transfer of processes to the pilot plant and cGMP preparation; write and review SOPs
- Commit to a certain level of flexibility to meet new priorities and business needs
- Depending on level: provide mentoring, supervision and training to colleagues and junior Chemists
Skills & Qualifications:
- BSc / MSc in Synthetic Organic Chemistry plus minimum 1 year industrial experience; or PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Technically competent in a GMP manufacturing laboratory, preferably within a CRO/CMO
- Industrial experience in API synthesis, scale-up (large scale reactors, 5-10L), route scouting and process development
- Experience in a variety of analytical and purification techniques (HPLC, LC-MS, NMR)
- Strong foundation in synthetic organic chemistry
- Knowledge and use of online literature research tools
- Ability to lead and manage projects; highly beneficial
- Industrial experience in a similar role managing small teams; highly beneficial
- Flexible and adaptable to the various requirements of the business
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to apply now with a Cover Letter or contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners (07851 246834 / [email protected]).