Synthetic Organic Chemist
Location Alderley Park
Salary £23,000 - 35,000 per annum DOE
Role: Synthetic Organic Chemists – Various Chemist Positions
Location: Alderley Park, Macclesfield, UK
Salary: £23,000 – 35,000 per annum, DOE
Are you well versed in organic synthesis? Perhaps finished your PhD and would like to continue within the research sector but move over to industry now? Or you’re a BSc or masters graduate with a year in industry and would like to explore an R&D role.
Whether it be one of the reasons above or completely unrelated, you could be joining a rapidly growing contract research organisation (CRO). There are multiple opportunities available for the correct scientists to join expanding contract research and medical teams. The company in question specialise in drug discovery, with newly kitted out laboratories and a drive for improvement within the medicinal industry for their clients on a pilot scale.
What you could be in for a taste of:
- Custom synthesis projects on small, lab scale up to 20 litre scale
- FTE projects synthesising compound libraries for testing in medicinal chemistry lead identification / lead optimisation programs
- Handling and synthesis of highly potent active pharmaceutical ingredients
What we require from you:
- Previous experience in practical organic chemistry is crucial
- Educated to a MChem+ level is essential
- Qualified in a chemistry based subject to PhD level is highly desirable
- Experience gained in pharmaceuticals, life sciences or agrochemical sectors desirable
- Additional experience in medicinal chemistry drug design or the synthesis of high potency small molecules is advantageous
What you can expect from your employer:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Labs that are equipped to work on milligram to kilogram scale
- Access to a dedicated high potency laboratory facility
- Research and synthesis opportunities of hormones, opioids, prostaglandins, controlled psychoactive and cytotoxic oncology small molecules associated with antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) and more.
Please apply by attaching a CV and covering note explaining how you would make the most of this opportunity. Alternatively, you can get in contact with Graham at CY Partners.
N.B. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Key words: Organic / Synthesis / Chemistry / CRO / Research / R&D / Research and Development / Synthetic Organic / Medicinal / Drug discovery / Medical / PhD