Team Manager - Science
CY Partners are working with an international research organisation to help recruit an experienced Team Manager with an interest in Plant Health. The client in question delivers innovative research services and products for their partners in various fields, including crop protection, plant health and sustainable agriculture. These services include, but are not limited to, efficacy trials of chemical and biological control agents, integrated pest management services and novel pesticides development.
As a Team Manager within the Plant Protection Programme, your key objectives will be to manage and develop teams to ensure that high quality services are delivered to all customers. You will lead a team of new and experienced Plant Health diagnosticians, ensuring their work is delivered to the highest standards.
- Day-to-day management of all team members, being the first point of contact for any issues they may have and supporting them in finding solutions.
- Effective management of staff resource through line management and liaising with resource planners, other team managers and project managers
- Support and encourage innovation in new services and in improving current services to increase both profitability and quality.
- Complete performance reviews and hold monthly one-to-ones with each team member to drive continuous improvement and development. Proactive identification of performance issues, providing feedback and coaching.
- Manage and prioritise team members’ workload and outputs, ensuring service delivery and projects are delivered on time and at the contracted level of quality.
- Ensure all team members are trained in and adhere to the relevant H&S / accreditation requirements and SOPs
- Monitor costs of delivery across the services the team provides
The ideal candidate will be an experienced scientist with a background in people management. Other skills will include:
- Experience of working within collaborative science teams
- Experience of functional management of scientists
- Project management / service delivery management
- Experience of delivery under quality management systems (e.g. ISO 9001 and ISO17025)
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career and you meet the above requirements, apply now or contact Charlotte on 07851246841 for more information.